Have you taken lots of incredible photos while you've been studying at GT or participating in a study abroad program? Would you like the chance to share them with the campus community and to win great prizes
Each year, Georgia Tech students are invited to enter the Office of International Education's annual Photo Contest. See last year's winners here.
- GT Study Abroad Students (degree-seeking) who photographed their overseas experiences during Fall 2011, Spring 2012, or Summer 2012
- GT International Students (degree-seeking) who photographed their U.S. experiences during Fall 2011, Spring 2012, or Summer 2012
What kind of photos can I enter?
- Suggestions for types of photos include GT students/faculty/staff, scenery, and culture.
Winners are chosen for the following categories:
- Best Photography (Study Abroad)
- Best Photography (US by International Students)
- Best Documentation of Foreign Culture (Study Abroad)
- Best Documentation of US/Atlanta Culture (International Students)
- Best School Spirit Abroad (GT students, Buzz, GT flags or signs in another part of the world)
What format should I use for my entry and how many photos may I submit?
- You are allowed to submit up to three photographs; separate entry forms must be filled out for each photo.
- A hard copy of the entry form must be completed and turned in to OIE.
- After you turn in your entry form, you will then receive instructions by email about how to submit your photo and a description of it. This description may be considered by the judges when choosing winning photos.
- All photo submissions will be in digital format.
When and where do I submit my entry
- You will only be able to submit entries from mid-to-late August through September 3, 2012.
- All study abroad and international student participants over the last academic year (Fall 2011 - Summer 2012) will receive an email by mid August with further instructions for submission.
- Students will receive a copy of our photo contest entry form when the contest opens in August.
- After you turn in your entry form, you will be emailed instructions for uploading your photos.
- We will not accept any photos or entries before contest opens (any photos emailed before the contest opens will be deleted).
How are the winners chosen?
- Staff from OIE will decide on finalists in each of the categories in early October.
- Winners will be chosen from among the finalists by the GT campus community through voting online from September 17- October 1, 2012.
When will the winners be announced?
- The winners will be announced as part of International Education Week, November 12-16, 2012.
- On Tuesday, November 13, 2012, OIE will host a reception in the Student Center (Crescent Room), announcing and displaying the contest entries, finalists, and winners.
Prizes! What could I win?
- Winners will receive great (but mostly yet to be determined) prizes!
- All photos submitted may be used (free of charge) by OIE and GT in marketing materials.
For more information, contact Tara Berry with any questions - email@example.com