Non-GT students must complete TWO separate applications to apply for study abroad with GT. Please complete BOTH of the following applications in the order specified below.
You must complete application #1 through Admissions BEFORE you can complete the study abroad application #2 through OIE. Please read all information very carefully as errors can hold up your application, and may delay or hinder your ability to participate in GT programs.
The Georgia Tech OIE is unable to accept e-transcripts at this time. Please send only official transcipts.
1) STEP ONE:
- a. READ the Transient/Special Instruction Packet
- b. Complete the Admissions Application for Study Abroad Transients/Specials
- c. Submit Supporting Documentation to OIE - see checklist on page 6 of the instruction packet (DO NOT SUBMIT SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION DIRECTLY TO ADMISSIONS!)
- d. Make Note: You will receive an e-mail in about one week with information necessary to complete STEP TWO.
Please Note: GT ADMISSIONS APPLICATION FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE. The $75 application fee is collected through CollegeNET, not Georgia Tech. This fee is non-refundable, even if you revoke your application from the program.
2) STEP TWO:
If you have received an e-mail with instructions on setting up a GT Account online and your GT ID, then you are ready to complete #2 and should do so ASAP to ensure that you are considered for a space on the study abroad program. IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED THIS INFO, DO NOT PROCEED. YOU MUST HAVE AN ID AND GT LOGIN TO COMPLETE THIS STEP.
- a. Complete the GT Study Abroad Online Application Form through OIE
- b. Submit Supporting Documentation to OIE - see checklist on page 6 of the instruction packet (if you already submitted transcripts and other docs to OIE after completing step #1, you do not need to resend these)
- c. Pay Study Abroad Program Deposit - Online Payment System
Please Note: Transient/Special students must be assigned a GT ID number in order to set up a GT account. This gives access to the study abroad application and the online deposit payment system. GT ID numbers are assigned approximately one week after Admissions receives the online application #1. Look up GT ID numbers here.