Transient and Special students must complete TWO separate applications to apply for study abroad with GT.
You must complete BOTH of the following applications and submit all accompanying materials in the order specified below.
Please note, the Georgia Tech OIE is unable to accept e-transcripts at this time. Please send only official transcipts in hardcopy.
You must complete the application listed in Step 1 through Admissions BEFORE you can proceed to Step 2.
Please read the following information very carefully. Errors can hold up your application and may delay or hinder your ability to participate in GT programs.
- READ the Transient/Special Instruction Packet
Complete the Admissions Application for Study Abroad Transients/Specials
Note: GT admissions application fee is non-refundable. The $75 application fee is collected through CollegeNET, not Georgia Tech. This fee is non-refundable, even if you revoke your application from the program.
- Submit Supporting Documentation to OIE - see checklist on page 6 of the instruction packet (Do not submit supporting documents directly to admissions.)
You will receive an e-mail in about one week with information necessary to proceed to STEP TWO.
If you have not received this email within 7 business days, you may contact OIE to inquire.
If you have received an e-mail with instructions on setting up a GT Account online and your GT ID, then you are ready to complete Step 2 and should do so ASAP to ensure that you are considered for a space on the study abroad program. If you have not received the instruction email, do not proceed. You must have a GT ID and GT Login to complete this step.
- Complete the GT Study Abroad Online Application Form through OIE
- If you have not submitted all supporting documents to OIE, do so now - see checklist on page 6 of the instruction packet. If you already submitted transcripts and other materials to OIE during com Step 1, you do not need to resend these.
- Pay Study Abroad Program Deposit - Online Payment System
Please Note: Transient/Special students must be assigned a GT ID number in order to set up a GT account. This gives access to the study abroad application and the online deposit payment system. GT ID numbers are assigned approximately one week after Admissions receives the online application in Step 1. Look up GT ID numbers here.